Thursday 10 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey, Week 1, Day 3, Part 2. The Secretive Skink



The Secretive Skink
On your blog list three pros (good things) and three cons (bad things) about working as a DOC ranger. At the bottom of your post, tell us whether you would like to be a DOC Ranger or not.

Pros:
1) Getting to see and work with all the animals and plants.
2) Helping to save the wildlife.
3) Living somewhere quiet and peaceful.

Cons:
1) You would miss your friends and family.
2) Miss some of your other favourite things to do like go to the movies.
3) Harder to get help if you hurt yourself.

I would not like to be a DOC ranger because I would miss my family and some of the other things I do. I would like to work with the animals but not if I had to live so far away from everyone else.
Image result for department of conservation logo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hamish,

    You have done a fantastic job on this activity! You have thought well about the pros and cons of working as a Department of Conservation (DOC) ranger, I'm impressed! You're right, I would imagine you could get quite lonely and homesick while working as a DOC ranger. I appreciate your honesty and the reasons why you would not like to be a DOC ranger. It can be a tough job and it requires you to be constantly aware of safety, your surroundings as well as remaining calm when unexpected situations happen. I am also not much of an outdoors person so I can see where you are coming from. What job do you think you would like to do when you're older?

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.