Monday 14 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 5 Part 1 Blink and You’ll Miss It

Towering Timber


On your blog tell us whether you think logging should be allowed in New Zealand. Be sure to provide at least two reasons to support your argument.


1. I think that logging should be allowed because kids need to use paper for school for stuff like handwriting. It's also important that we have wood to build houses with.


2. My other reason is that they probably have a family they need to feed. Where I live we have a lot of native trees and people who work as loggers.

Image result for logging

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Hamish!

    This is an awesome post! I love that you gave two strong reasons. Wood has a lot of uses! You mentioned some great ones! Such as paper and house building. Also did you know that trees provide us with clothes!

    Cotton comes from trees. With that said, trees are very important!
    What are some ways we can insure trees don’t go instinct?
    Perhaps for every tree logged, they must plant a new three? What do you think?


    Keep up the great work!
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hamish,
    I am Vitaraag. I like how you have two great reasons to support your idea. Personally I disagree with you but my thoughts might change. Maybe next time you could say what we could do to hep trees grow back.

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namaste Hamish,
    I respect your opinion and think you have great reasons why, but I personally don't agree. Logging is a big problem which can make people have a harder time living. Trees give us oxygen, how do we survive without it? They hold wildlife, why should we destroy it?

    How many trees do you think are cut down each day?

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.