Wednesday 9 January 2019

Summer learning journey. Week 1, Day 2, Part 1. Giants Among Us



Giants Among Us
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.

I would like to visit the Tane Mahuta tree in the Waipoua forest because it looks very big and cool to see. I like to do bush walks with my family because it's fun to see the environment and greenery and the landscape around us.
It looks like the walking track is good to walk on and because of the big trees blocking the rain from coming down it would not be slippery and I wouldn't get wet.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Hamish,

    I'm Evelyn and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you are having fun on this journey!

    I'm glad to hear that you would like to visit Tāne Mahuta one day. It really is an impressive tree and looks even more mind-blowing in real life! I wonder how many people can stand around the tree. Maybe you could go with your friends and family one day and stand in a great big circle around it to find out. I'm glad to hear that you like to go on bush walks. We're very lucky to be living in a country that has plenty of bush walks to offer! You have a good point, I don't enjoy being out in the rain so it would be nice to have some shelter and shade from the big trees. That's very clever of you to point out! Do you like being out in the rain?

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.