Sunday 20 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 4 Part 3 Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect

For this activity, choose one of the following three selfies. From left to right: Selfie #1, Selfie #2, Selfie #3

On your blog, write a short story about what you think is happening in the picture. Be sure to tell us where you think the people are and what you think they were doing at the time that they stopped to pose for the selfie. To earn full points, the story must be 8 – 10 sentences long.


I choose the first one.









I think this selfie is showing a sports team after they have won their competition. I think it is taken in a big stadium and they look very happy which is why I think they have won. I don't know what sport it is but it might be rugby, soccer or maybe basketball. They are all wearing the same blue ribbon around their neck and it looks like it might have a medal on the end of it. The are all men who look healthy and happy to have won.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hamish,
    I really like your descriptive writing and your choice of image. I also really enjoyed your amazing opinion on what they are doing. I had never thought that they were wearing blue ribbon, and I never saw it either. I agree that they look like they're winners of a specific game, and I'm surprised I didn't think of it. Well done for thinking of something I would never had thought of.

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hamish,
    I am Vitaraag. I have never thought about the blue ribbon around them. You have put so much detail and effort into this post. Do you want to be part of the selfie? I defiantly do. Why did you pick this picture? Maybe next time you can say what some people are doing t get in the selfie. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hamish!

    This is a great start to this activity, I like how you have really put some thought into what you are seeing and how that could reflect what is happening in the picture! :)

    In order to recieve full points for this activity you are needing to make your story 8-10 sentences long, just a couple more to add!
    Somethings you could think about to add detail to your story might be:
    - What might they be seeing around them?
    - What noises could be happening?
    - How might they be feeling?
    - What migh they be able to smell?

    Is there a sports team you follow/support Hamish?
    Have a think about any sports games you may have been to or seen and how the atmosphere was while you were there! :)

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you will come up with - I am sure it will be amazing! :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.