Sunday 28 January 2018

Week 3 Day 5 Part 1


I did not post these when I was away on Holiday in Nelson.


Activity 1: Hiking Tongariro

Some things I would need to take with me if I was hiking Tongariro would be
1. Food and water
2. A map
3. Cellphone
4. Warm clothes
5. Sturdy boots.


Before going out on a big hike you should remember to check on the weather and make sure it is a good day to go. You should tell someone you are going and when you will be back. You should take the right supplies with you.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Hamish

    It is Allie here from the SLJ team!

    I am pretty sure that you have summed up the organisation for going on a tramp really well.
    I really like that you have included checking the weather, this is really important as the weather can change really quickly. And that you have told someone where you are going and just how long you are going to be. Both really important before you even get started. So well done Hamish.

    Have you been tramping or hiking before? If so where have you been?

    I am not a tramper, I really like walking on tracks but not overnight walks. I like my own bed too much.

    Great work Hamish

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.